Sunday, December 12, 2010

Family, Friends, & Festive Fa La La Fun!

Fa la la everyone!  Hope you are all having a GREAT December and CHRISTMASTIME so far!  I love it, I love it, I love it!

We have had such a blessed and wonderfully fun December so far!  Last Saturday (hence why I have not been on the blog...we were preparing and then recovering...sorry!) Matt & I had a Christmas party with some of our nearest and dearest family, friends, and co-workers.  It was such fun and such a blessing to have them all together to eat, drink, be merry...and sing!  My hubby and our sweet friends set up a karaoke machine we had borrowed for the party, and everyone sang Christmas songs.  Fa la la fun!!!  It was a blast!  :0) 

"Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,
always giving thanks to God the Father for everything,
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
--Ephesians 5:19b-20

Sadly, I did not get a lot of pictures from the weekend...I was so busy I forgot, and now I am bummed.  :0(  But between the few I took and the few my sweet sisters snapped, here are some to share!


First, we were SO BLESSED that my family could come up...to help and to stay for the party.  Yay!  It was the first time Baby Girl had been to my house.  Aunt Jilly & Uncle Matt LOVED having her!  Here's my family taking a quick pizza break.

Then back to work.  They were AMAZING!  Thank you, thank you!!!


Me, Baby Girl, and her daddy dressed for the party.  I know Aunt Jilly is TOTALLY biased, but isn't she just breathtaking!!!  Aunt Jilly loves you!!!  :0)

Uncle Matt, Baby Girl, and her daddy at the party.  So handsome, pretty, handsome...and Christmas-y too!  :0)

Mom with K & B...and Minnie too!  (Doesn't it look like she's peaking around to be in the picture?  So funny!  Hee hee!)

K singing.  He's a REALLY good singer!  Fa la la, K!!!

Mom & her favorite Baby Girl at the party.  This was outfit #2...her white top and red with snowflakes pants.  Her sweet momma changed her throughout the night to make her more comfy, but we joked that she needed to make wardrobe changes throughout the evening like Cher.  :0)  Also, don't you LOVE her hand gesture.  I told her momma she's holding out her hand like the Southern belle that she is!  :0)  She was the BELLE of our ball!!!  Love you, J!

Matt & I LOVE Christmastime, and it was such a BLESSING to get to share our love with our family and friends! 

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly...
through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit,
singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
--Colossians 3:16-17

As so many SHINED at karaoke (seriously, some people were REALLY good!)...

and as the lights SHINED on our Christmas trees...

O Come, O Come Emmanuel!

Come and SHINE Your light of love into our world and into our hearts!

Jesus, hope of the world.
Jesus, light in our darkness.
Here we await You, O Master Divine.
Here we receive You in bread and in wine.
Jesus, hope of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment