Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Fun!

Last Thursday was my sweet hubby's happy birthday!  Yay!!!  We had so much fun celebrating with family and friends.  First, on Thursday night, we went to dinner and had cake and ice cream and presents with Matt's parents and grandfather.



Friday night we met up with friends to celebrate.  Keeping in line with friends' recent activity-themed birthday celebrations (karaoke, bingo, etc), Matt wanted to go to Dave & Buster's to bowl, play shuffleboard, and play arcade/video games.  We had a blast!  First, we bowled two games.  I had many gutter balls / 1s / 2s / 3s / etc...but I also had a strike!  Woo hoo!!!  Here's what I learned...when I tried to rocket the ball down there, I had no control; but when I more slowly released the ball, I could line it up straight down the middle.  Kinda a good lesson in life too...to quit rushing and pushing and go-go-going, but to slow down, go step-by-step, and line it up right.

My Sweetie bowling...probably a strike!  He's good!!!  :0)
After two games of bowling, we played two games of shuffleboard.  My hubby & I LOVE shuffleboard...which is funny because I've probably only played five times ever!  But every time we go to this one billiard's store, we always slide (shuffle?) a few across.  :0)  Here's us playing...



After shuffleboard, we went downstairs to play games!  I don't know if I've ever really played arcade games before, but the boys LOVED it!  We had a blast!!!

Whack-a-mole

Skeeball - Matt is REALLY good at this!

Shooting baskets...one of my hubby's fav things!

They've got a need...a need for speed.

Matt wins...yay!!!

Shooting game.  Boys will be boys.

Trivia game.  Matt & I got TONS of tickets from this.

Me playing Dear or No Deal.  So fun!!!  I won 120 tickets!!!

Sweet K&L

Me & Matt at bowling alley


K&L with games


Me & Matt take a quick pic while K shuffleboards behind us. 
I was on K's team, so I guess I should have been focused and concentrating.  Waa waa.

Our loot...one plastic Texans football, one Chinese handcuffs, a 3-pack of Fun Dip, and a green plastic frog. 
The prizes of champions!!!  :0)
We had SO MUCH FUN being kids again and had a GREAT time celebrating Matt's happy day!  Luv u Sweetie!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment