Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2011 Bible Verse Nine

Happy May!  I can't believe we are already to our NINTH Bible verse this year!  2011 is FLYING by! (More of that in a post to follow...hopefully this weekend!)  :0)  We had an AMAZING month of April celebrating our risen Lord...

He is RISEN!
He is RISEN indeed!!!

...celebrating my wonderful daddy's birthday.

...spending wonderful time with family & friends.

...and going on an AMAZING trip of a lifetime with my wonderful, adorable, brilliant, hilarious, handsome, and ever-so-sweet hubby!!!

(Pictures to follow)  :0)

But for today (and a few days late...sorry!), let's unveil our 2011 Bible verse #9.

"Being confident of this,
that He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus."
--Philippians 1:6 (NIV)

This verse just popped out at me this morning.  I'm beginning this month feeling like I need to be doing more (as, ironically, I type this sucking down yet another HUGE cup of coffee just to make it through today).  This past month was absolutely amazing!  I got to go places and do things I NEVER dreamed this little farm girl would EVER get close to doing.  And throughout it all, I knew that these amazing experiences were absolutely a blessing from God for my sweetie & I to enjoy.  :0)  And amongst the experiences, I truly felt SO CLOSE to God in thanksgiving and joy and leaned on Him many, many (like ten hours in the air over an ocean) times.  But now we are back, and amongst loads and loads of laundry, hours still sleep deprived from jet lag, and cup after cup of caffeine, I feel like I need to be doing MORE for God...not because He requires it but because I feel drawn to Him more and more.  But, as I drag my coffee cup and myself through yet another week getting to the first weekend in over a month where we are in town (Hallelujah, Amen!), I feel overwhelmingly inadequate and ungiving.  :0(  Then, I came across this Bible verse this morning and felt a weird sense of relief by its words.  While it's not required for salvation (thank You, Jesus!), God LOVES when we do good works in His name and so furthers His kingdom.  And guess what?  The Bible said it is GOD, and not us, who "began a good work" in us and GOD who "will carry it on to completion".  God does it.  God is in charge.  He finds the perfect thing for us...that fits each of our talents and abilities and joys He gave us...and then begins the good work and carries it on to completion until Christ returns.  God does it.  He is in control.  Whew...kinda takes the pressure off a bit.  God will use us and guide us and strengthen us to do good works in His name and for His glory.  We need but be available, listen to His words, be the "clay" in the "Potter's" hands, and trust Him to mold us into a good work that is GLORIOUS to His name!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment